Brooklyn Parades NYC
Schedule of Parades and Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC
This report provides a schedule of the parades held in Brooklyn each year.
We update each parade / festival as we approach the event date.
Pay attention to the dates / year as asterisked events have NOT been updated to 2023.
The parades include the Brooklyn St. Patrick's Day Parades in March, the Brooklyn Memorial Day Parade in May, the Brooklyn Dominican Independence Day Parade in July, the Brooklyn Columbus Day Parade in October, and the Brooklyn Veterans Day Parade in November.
We have also included a number of the larger cultural festivals here as well.
At the end of this report there are links to the parades and festivals in the other four boroughs of NYC.
CLICK here to view our report on Brooklyn Parades NYC - Parades and Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC.
Brooklyn Parades NYC
Schedule of Parades and Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC
September 23, 2023 / Brooklyn Neighborhoods / Brooklyn Parades NYC / Brooklyn BLVD. Continued.
March Parades & Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC 2023
PARK SLOPE _ Sunday, March 19, 2023 beginning at 12 noon, the Brooklyn Saint Patrick’s Parade kicks off at Prospect Park West and 15th St [assembly stretches to 9th St]. The parade marches to 7th Ave & Garfield Place, back to Prospect Park West & 15th Street where there's a celebration from 2 - 5 pm in Bartel-Pritchard Square at 14th Street in the Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn. There's usually a St Patrick's Day Parade mass before the parade [9 am?] at Holy Name of Jesus Church at 245 Prospect Park West. St. Patrick's Day parades in the Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn NYC.
BAY RIDGE _ Sunday, March 26, 2023 assembly begins at 12.30 pm and the Bay Ridge Brooklyn Saint Patrick’s Parade kicks off at 1 pm on 3rd Avenue at Marine Avenue and marches south to 67th Street in Bayridge. Parades in the Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn NYC.
Generally there's a pre-parade fundraiser. For example on Saturday, March 7th, 2020 there's a St Pat's Day Parade Dinner Dance beginning at 7 pm at the El Caribe at 5945 Strickland Avenue near 56th Drive in the Mill Basin neighobrhood of Brooklyn. Tickets $150. For details see www.brparade.com. Brooklyn St. Patrick's Day parades in the Bayridge neighborhood of BK NYC.
April Parades & Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC 2023
BAY RIDGE _ Friday, April 14, 2023 begins at 10.30 am with the decoration of the epitaphios, followed by the unnailing service at 2.30 pm, and at 7 pm the Lamentation and carrying of the epitaphios around the neighborhood of the Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church at 8401 Ridge Blvd in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. For details see - https://www.holycrossbrooklyn.com/.
May Parades & Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC 2023
FORT GREENE _ Saturday through Sunday, May 13 - June 11, 2023 - Dance Africa Festival at BAM - At 30 Lafayette Avenue at Ashland Place - in the Peter Jay Sharp Building and Howard Gilman Opera House in the Brooklyn Academy of Music in Fort Greene neighborhood of Brooklyn. It's a performance festival featuring African culture. Tickets start at $35 for adults and $22 for kids. For details see www.bam.org. This is NOT a street fair, but there is a bazaar day, but it is mostly musical, theatrical and cultural dance performances.
SHEEPSHEAD BAY _ Sunday, May 21, 2023 from 12 noon - 6 pm. Bayfest. At Emmons Avenue and East 27th Street in the Sheepshead Bay neighborhood of Brooklyn. Arts, crafts, amusement rides, bands, dance performances along the Brooklyn waterfront. Free. For details see - http://bigbayfest.org/
BAY RIDGE _ Sunday, May 21, 2023 beginning at 1.30 pm - Norweigan Day Parade - The parade steps off at 80th Street and 3rd Avenue in Bay Ridge. The parade then turns right onto 75th Street [aka Bay Ridge Parkway], left onto 5th Avenue, to 67th Street and then along the Park - ending between 6th and 7th Avenues where the reviewing stand is. Street fairs in Bay Ridge Brooklyn NYC. For details see - https://17thofmayparadecommittee-brooklyn.org/ . Parades in the Bay Ridge neighborhood of Brooklyn NYC.
Wednesday, May 24 - Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - MANHATTAN FLEET WEEK. There was a fly over by the U.S. Navy on Tuesday afternoon [5/23/23] over the East Coast Memorial at Battery Park at the southern tip of Manhattan. In addition to three U.S. Navy ships, there will also be ships from Italy, Canada and the U.K. The ships will be docked at Piers 88 & 90 on the west side of Manhattan, as well as at the Homeport Pier on Staten Island. For details of the events see - http://militarynews.com/app/fleetweeknewyork/events.html
There does not appear to be any Memorial Day Parades planned in Manhattan BUT there are Memorial Day related events at the Intrepid Air & Space Museum, as well as at Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn and at Port Pier at 305 Front Street in Stapleton on Staten Island. Fleet Week runs from the middle of the week prior to Memorial Day and ends the Tuesday 5/30/23 following Memorial Day. So say hello and greet / salute the visiting members of the U.S. Navy when you see them. For details of the Memorial Day Fleet Week events see - http://militarynews.com/app/fleetweeknewyork/events.html
CARNARSIE _ Saturday, May 27, 2023 from 10 am - 2 pm - Brooklyn Carnarsie Lions Club Memorial Day Parde steps off at the Holy Family Church parking lot at 9719 Flatlands Avenue heading southeast along East 98th Street to Avenue L. It then turns right heading southwest along Avenue L before turning right heading northwest along Remson Avenue, where the parade marches a couple of block before stopping at the Carnarsie Cemetery to honor the fallen. After the ceremony, the parade continues north on Remson turning right onto Conklin Avenue, ending at the American Legion at 1130 East 92nd Street. Memorial Day Parades in Brooklyn NYC.
BAY RIDGE _ Monday, May 29, 2023 at 11 am - The 155th Brooklyn / Bay Ridge Memorial Day Parade steps off on 3rd Avenue and 78th Street in Bay Ridge Brooklyn. The parade proceeds down to Marine Avenue, up to 4th Avenue, then over to John Paul Jones Park for their memorial service which includes bag pipes, flag raising and wreath laying by Veteran Service Organizations. This is followed by a 21-gun salute and the playing of Taps by the Veteran Corps of Artillery. For details see - https://www.brooklynmemorialdayparade.com/. Parades in Brooklyn NYC.
June Parades & Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC 2023
Monday - Sunday, June 5 - 11, 2023. From 11 am - 9 pm daily. 45th Annual Greek Festival at the Saints Constantine & Helen Greek Orthodox Cathedral at 64 Schermerhorn Street between Court Street and Boerum Place. The event has rides, entertainment, food and shopping. Organized by the St Constantine & Helen Cathedral. For details see - https://stconstantinecathedral.org. Greek cultural festivals in Brooklyn Heights NYC.
Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, June 9, 10 & 11 and 16, 17 & 18, 2023 - the Three Hierarchs Greek Orthodox Festival at the Three Hierarchs Greek Orthodox Church at 1724 Avenue P in Brooklyn NYC. Music, dancing, Greek food & culture. Greek festivals in Brooklyn. For details see - https://www.facebook.com/threehierarchsfestival/
Saturday, June 10, 2023 from 12 noon - 6 pm _ Annual Brooklyn Pride Festival. The festival takes place along 5th Avenue between Union and 9th Street in Prospect Park / Park Slope. The Pride Festival includes food, shopping and entertainment. This is followed by a twilight parade [see below for parade details]. Brooklyn parades in Prospect Park / Park Slope. For details see - https://brooklynpride.org
Saturday, June 10, 2023 from 7.30 pm - 10 pm _ Annual Brooklyn Pride Parade. The parade begins at Lincoln Place, marching along 5th Avenue and ending at 9th street. LGBTQ parades in Prospect Park / Park Slope Brooklyn NYC. For details see - https://brooklynpride.org
Sunday, June 11, 2023 - parade begins at 5 pm / festival runs from 6 - 9 pm _ Annual Sunset Park Puerto Rican Day Parade & Festival. The parade begins at 5 pm along 5th Avenue at 59th Street and marches up to 43rd Street, where the Sunset Park Puerto Rican Day festival begins at 6 pm in Sunset Park. There will be a couple of bands, including at least one salsa band as well as food for sale via trucks. Parades in the Sunset Park neighborhood of BK.
Sunday, June 11, 2023 line up begins at 1 pm & parade begins at 3 pm - Bushwick Knickerbocker Puerto Rican Day Parade. Begins at Woodbine Street & Knickerbocker Avenue near the Bushwick Playground and marches east ending near Trinity Cemetery. The parade ends around 4 pm. Puerto Rican Day Parades in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn NYC.
Wednesday June 21, 2023 - Make Music New York returns for its 17th year. They are coming to numerous locations around the entire city at various times on the day of Summer Solstice in all five boroughs of NYC. For details and for a schedule, see https://www.makemusicday.org/ny/listings. FREE.
The photo at right was taken of a musician in a prior year performing in the Make Music New York festival on the day of the Summer Solstice.
Saturday, June 17, 2023 from 1- 5 pm. Coney Island Mermaid Parade. It begins assembly at 10 am and then at 1 pm begins marching east along Surf Avenue at West 21st Street, marches eastward to West 10th Street, where it turns south toward the Boardwalk. At the Boardwalk it heads east and ends at the Pier. Brooklyn parades in the Coney Island neighborhood Brooklyn NYC. For details see - https://www.coneyisland.com
July Parades & Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC
WILLIAMSBURG _ Wednesday - Sunday, July 5 - July 16, 2023 - Times vary but oftentimes begin in the afternoon & run late into the night. The Annual Our Lady of Mount Carmel Feast / The Giglio Festival began in 1903. Havemeyer at 8th Street. A DAILY Italian festival with food, music, dance, entertainment and kiddie rides, as well as the cultural hoisting of the Giglio. Organized by Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church. For daily event details see www.olmcfeast.com. Street Fairs / St Festivals in Williamsburg / Greenpoint Brooklyn.
The Coney Island Weekly Friday night fireworks continues thre the summer [see fireworks link that follows for details].
Saturday, July 15, 2023 is NYC's City of Water Day with events going on all around the boroughs. To find one copy and paste this url into your browser or paste in a search engine. https://www.cityofwaterday.org/eventsmap
August Parades & Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC
- Thursdays & Fridays, August 3, 4 & 10, 11, 2023 - BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn Festival. BRIC stands for Brooklyn Information and Culture and was founded in 1979 to revitalize Brooklyn through arts and culture. The festival runs from June 17 - August 27, 2023. Free. At the Lena Horne Bandshell in Prospect Park at 62 West Drive in Brooklyn. For details see www.bricartsmedia.org.
- Saturday, August 5, 2023 beginning at 1 pm - Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Hip Hop - Black Girls Rock at the Brooklyn Academy of Music at 30 Lafayette Avenue in Brooklyn. The event is described as follows, " ... legendary DJ, author, and producer Beverly Bond will present a live conversation at the renowned Brooklyn Academy of Music, featuring rapper Rapsody, actress and DJ Dede Lovelace, and newcomer Kenya Vaun. This timely discussion explores the role of women in the future of hip
hop and the contributions of women in all facets of the culture — from the broad spectrum of emcees and performers to the DJs, storytellers, dancers, cultural content creators, and executive shot callers...". FREE. To rsvp copy this link into your browser bar - Hip Hop 50th Anniversary Brooklyn.
- Prospect Park _ Thursdays & Fridays, August 10, 11, 2023 - BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn Festival. BRIC stands for Brooklyn Information and Culture and was founded in 1979 to revitalize Brooklyn through arts and culture. The festival runs from June 17 - August 27, 2023. Free. At the Lena Horne Bandshell in Prospect Park at 62 West Drive in Brooklyn. For details see www.bricartsmedia.org. USE CONCERTS LINK BELOW OR FRONT PAGE FOR DETAILS.
- Bushwick / East Williamsburg _ Saturday, August 12, 2023 from 1 pm - 6 pm. 4th Annual Brooklyn Rum Festival. At the Brooklyn Monarch at 23 Meadows Stret in the Bushwick / East Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn. Sample 50 rums from the Caribbean Islands as well as food, entertainment and dancing. Street fairs in BK. Tickets $66 - $90 for 21 + and no tickets sold at door - see eventbrite. For details see - https://www.bkrumfest.com/.
- Bensonhurst _ Thursday - Sunday, August 17 - August 27, 2023 from about 6 - 10 pm and probably starts earlier on the weekends - The 41st Annual Feast of Santa Rosalia - Along 18th Avenue from 68th to 75th Streets in Bensonhurst. Italian food, music, rides and shopping and live entertainment. Processions at 2 pm on both Sundays at 18th Avenue and 72nd Street. Organized by FIAO Brooklyn. Brooklyn street fairs in the Bensonhurst neighborhood of BK. https://www.facebook.com/groups/138536509512623/
- Flatbush _ Sunday, August 20, 2023 begins at 12.30 pm _ Pakistani Independence Day Parade & Festival. They march along Coney Island Avenue beginning at Foster / Newkirk ending at Avenue H. There's an after party & cultural celebration at Coney Island Avenue at Independence Street until 7 pm. Parades, festivals and cultural celebrations in Brooklyn NYC. Contact - https://www.facebook.com/BrooklynMela/
- Fort Greene _ Sunday, August 20, 2023 from 1 - 2 pm there's an historic program commemorating the Battle of Brooklyn by the Urban Park Rangers at the Fort Greene Park Visitors Center at Myrtle Avenue and Washington Park at the northeast corner of the park in the Fort Greene neighborhood of Brooklyn NYC.
- Greenpoint _ Saturday & Sunday, August 26 & 27, 2023 from 12 noon - 10 pm - There's an Afro Punk Fest [aka Afro Punk Brooklyn - The Circus of Soul] at the Greenpoint Terminal Market in Brooklyn at 1 Oak Street / aka the Skyline Drive in. Tickets run about $150 and may be purchased at https://afropunk.com/festival/brooklyn/
- Greenwood _ Sunday, August 27, 2023 from 11 am - 3 pm - The Battle of Brooklyn - Revolutionary War Commemoration - 500 West 25th Street at 5th Avenue in the Greenwood Cemetery. There are events that cover George Washington, the Dutch settlers and the Revoluationary War. The events are free with a suggested donation of $5 for the cemetery. This is an historic festival in the Greenwood Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn. Space is limited so it's recommended that you rsvp [recommended donation $5] at https://www.green-wood.com/calendar/list/?tribe-bar-date=2022-08-26
OLD / DIDN'T RETURN IN 2023
- 2023 WEBSITE NOT WORKING _ CHECKING _ I Didn't Find Anything for 2022 & Don't see Anything for 2023 _ Sunday, August 29, 2021 beginning at 1 pm - The Brooklyn Dominican Day Parade - Marches along Graham Avenue between Debevoise and Broadway in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn. There will be a Brooklyn street festival following the parade at Graham Avenue at Broadway from about 3 pm - 5 pm. https://brooklyndominicanparade.org.
September 2023 Parades & Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC
- One of the biggest events of the Labor Day Weekend in Brooklyn is the West Indian American Day Parade and Carnival. While there are events related to the parade going on all weekend, the parade begins at 11 am on Monday September 4th starting near the Children's Zoo in Prospect Park which is just south of the Grand Army Plaza near the Brooklyn Museum. The parade then marches south through Prospect Park along Flatbush Avenue. At the Flatbush exit from the Park, the parade turns onto Empire Blvd and heads east to Nostrand, and then turns south ending at Midwood. Almost every site I saw seemed to get this wrong except the NYPD and the Organizers' site. The event runs from 10 am - 6 pm and you'll also find food stalls and shopping along along Eastern Parkway in the Crown Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn.
- There are related events all weekend including some festivities that begin at 6 am. For details see - https://wiadcacarnival.org or their FB page at - https://www.facebook.com/Jouvertcity.
- Thursday - Sunday, September 7 - 10, 2023 beginning at 6.30 pm daily, except Sunday when it begins at 3 pm and generally ends around 9 - 10 pm - The Fresh Pond Road Festival - Along Fresh Pond Road between Woodbine and Menahan Street. This is a big real Italian themed fair with great food, rides for kids and plenty of shopping. Organized by the Ridgewood Social Club. Brooklyn St fairs in Ridgewood organized by the Federazione Italo-Americana di Brooklyn and Queens. For details see the Ridgewood Social Club - https://www.facebook.com/p/Federazione-Italo-Americana-of-Brooklyn-and-Queens-100083057994083/ or the Myrtle Avenue BID - https://ridgewood-ny.com
- Park Slope _ Saturday, September 16, 2023 from 11 am - 9 pm. Annual Great Irish Fair. This is preceded by a mass at 9 am. NOTE NEW LOCATION - At the Holy Name of Jesus Parish at 245 Prospect Park West in Park Slope. Unique Brooklyn fair with an Irish flavor which includes Irish music, dance, food and shopping from more than 15 vendors. Organized by the Irish American Building Society. For details and $25 tickets see - https://www.iabsny.org/
THIS WEEK / WEEKEND 9.23.23
- Friday, September 22, 2023 from 4 to 9 pm, there's Oktoberfest at the Fort Hamilton Army Base in Brooklyn. You must pre-register and it costs $8 for civilians. For details see - https://hamilton.armymwr.com
- Copy & paste this link for an update on things to do for the Fall Arts Season on Governor's Island. https://www.govisland.com/things-to-do/events
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday September 22, 23 & 24, 2023 at various times, Greek Orthodox Fair at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Church at 8401 Ridge Blvd in Bay Ridge. Greek food, music, rides and entertainment. Proceeds to benefit the church. For details see - https://www.holycrossbrooklyn.com/
- Starting Sunday, September 23, 2023 - Brooklyn Book Festival. For details see - https://brooklynbookfestival.org.
ALWAYS A WORK IN PROCESS. 9.23.23.
USE LINKS THAT FOLLOW TO SEE OTHER ACTIVITIES IN BROOKLYN.
WE UPDATE WEEKLY - Use These Related Activities / Things To Do in Brooklyn NYC
Brooklyn 4th of July Fireworks. CLICK this link to view a full schedule of all of the Brooklyn 4th of July fireworks 2023 & Coney Island July 4th fireworks 2023 BK NYC.
Brooklyn Parades. CLICK here to look for parades in any of the five boroughs - Queens Parades & Cultural Festivals Qns NYC, Brooklyn Parades & Cultural Festivals Bk NYC, Bronx Parades & Cultural Festivals Bx NYC, Staten Island Parades & Cultural Festivals SI NYC, and Manhattan Parades & Cultural Festivals Mhtn NYC.
Brooklyn Street Fairs. CLICK here to look for food festivals, art festivals and street fairs - Manhattan street fairs NYC, Queens street fairs NYC, Bronx street fairs NYC, Brooklyn street fairs NYC and Staten Island street fairs NYC.
Brooklyn Arts & Cultural Institutions. CLICK here for ongoing exhibits and performance events - Queens things to do & events Qns NYC, Manhattan things to do & events Mhtn NYC, Brooklyn things to do & events Bk NYC, Bronx things to do & events Bx NYC, and Staten Island things to do & events SI NYC. Be advised that these calendars aren't yet up to snuff as of this posting, but they should be brought up to our standards within the next few weeks.
Mostly Free Swimming Pools Brooklyn NYC. CLICK this link to view all of the free public swimming pools in Brooklyn NYC.
Mostly Free Summer Concerts Brooklyn NYC. CLICK this link for a mostly done, and moving to weekly updates, of a page of mostly free summer concerts in Brooklyn NYC page.
Mostly Free Summer Theater Brooklyn NYC. CLICK this link for a mostly done [sometime Fri 6/24 or Sat 6/23], and moving to weekly updates, of a page of mostly free summer theater / plays in Brooklyn NYC page.
Mostly Free Summer Movies Brooklyn NYC. CLICK this link for work in progress and updated weekly page of mostly free summer movies in Brooklyn NYC.
October Parades & Cultural Festivals in Brooklyn NYC
- * BENSONHURST _ Saturday, October 9, 2021 from 1 pm to 2 / 3 or 4 pm - Annual Columbus Day Parade. Begins at 61st Street and 18th Avenue [aka Cristoforo Columbo Blvd] following a 10.30 am Mass at St. Athanasius Church at 2154 61st Street in Bensonhurst / Mapleton. The parade ends at Benson Avenue where a street fair / festival runs from 4 - 6 pm along Benson Avenue between 18th Avenue and 19th Street. Brooklyn street fairs in Bensonhurst. www.fiaobrooklyn.org. Parades in the Bensonhurst neighborhood of BK.
- * Saturday, October 9, 2021 from 10 am - 7 pm. Panamanian Pre-Independence Day Festival - followed by a street fair. Begins at Bergen, heading down Franklin Street. Turns west at President and heads north along Classon Avenue ending at Eastern Parkway by the Brooklyn Museum. The street fair is along Classon between President and Eastern Parkway. Parades in Brooklyn. www.panamanianparade.org
FALL PARADES & FESTIVALS TO FOLLOW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO.
October Columbus Day & Halloween.
in November the Veterans Day Parade.